Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $1.46 (2.4%) to $63.44 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.53-$63.57 after having opened the day at $62.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.98. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Mattel ( MAT), up 9.7%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 4.7%, Chromcraft Revington ( CRC), up 4.2%, and Black Diamond ( BDE), up 3.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Whirlpool Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.