Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation rose $1.03 (1.2%) to $86.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.04-$86.63 after having opened the day at $86.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.48. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: McMoRan Exploration ( MMR), up 12.4%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 12.3%, Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), up 11.4%, and Forest Oil ( FST), up 10.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Occidental Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.