MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell 50 cents (-1.6%) to $30.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.21-$30.84 after having opened the day at $30.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.89. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 5%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 4.8%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 4.2%, and SeaBright Holdings ( SBX), down 3.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.