Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.15 (-2.1%) to $52.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.56-$53.71 after having opened the day at $52.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.55. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Allos Therapeutics ( ALTH), down 20.1%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.A), down 12.3%, Cormedix ( CRMD), down 11.9%, and Amyris ( AMRS), down 11%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Vertex Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.