Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage fell $1.22 (-1.6%) to $72.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.35-$73.89 after having opened the day at $73.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.73. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY), down 10.1%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), down 10%, Orbital ( OBT), down 9.8%, and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), down 9.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.