Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell 40 cents (-1.3%) to $29.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.3 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.75-$30.30 after having opened the day at $30.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.32. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Cereplast ( CERP), down 6.3%, Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), down 6%, Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 5.1%, and Quaker Chemical Corporation ( KWR), down 4.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.