Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell 14 cents (-1.6%) to $8.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, six million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.23-$8.52 after having opened the day at $8.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.51. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 14.7%, Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 10.5%, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR), down 10.3%, and GeoGlobal Resources ( GGR), down 9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.