FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy rose 29 cents (0.6%) to $49.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.11-$49.70 after having opened the day at $49.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.34. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: RGC Resources ( RGCO), up 3.1%, Atlas Energy ( ATLS), up 3.1%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 2.9%, and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners ( BIP), up 2.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.