Sprint Nextel ( S) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Sprint Nextel rose 13 cents (3.9%) to $3.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 59.5 million shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 52.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.29-$3.48 after having opened the day at $3.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.33. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: RIT Technologies ( RITT), up 5.4%, Ditech Networks Corporation ( DITC), up 4.9%, Sierra Wireless ( SWIR), up 4%, and Multiband Corporation ( MBND), up 3.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.