Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose 26 cents (0.8%) to $33.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, five million shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.98-$33.93 after having opened the day at $33.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.64. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: SUPERVALU ( SVU), up 6.3%, Christopher & Banks Corporation ( CBK), up 3.4%, Pharmerica Corporation ( PMC), up 2.5%, and IAC/InterActiveCorp ( IACI), up 2.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.