E*Trade Financial ( ETFC) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, E*Trade Financial rose 17 cents (2.2%) to $8.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of E*Trade Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.82-$8.07 after having opened the day at $7.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.87. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), up 8.8%, Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), up 8.3%, Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), up 4.6%, and Greenhill ( GHL), up 3.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full E*Trade Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.