Health Care REIT ( HCN) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Health Care REIT rose 34 cents (0.6%) to $60.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Health Care REIT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.50-$61.19 after having opened the day at $60.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.61. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: HMG/Courtland Properties ( HMG), up 13.7%, United Security ( USBI), up 9.4%, Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), up 8.8%, and Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), up 8.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Health Care REIT Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.