Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Agrium rose $1.56 (1.7%) to $91.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $89.46-$92.32 after having opened the day at $89.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.99. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 17.7%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 12.1%, Lizhan Environmental ( LZEN), up 8.3%, and Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 7.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.