Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $1.71 (5%) to $35.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.90-$36 after having opened the day at $34.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.25. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Westport Innovations ( WPRT), up 2.2%, Chicago Rivet & Machine ( CVR), up 1.9%, SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 1.8%, and Winnebago Industries ( WGO), up 1.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Tesla Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.