- David Freeman’s role as Senior Vice President, East Division Sales Manager, will expand to encompass part of the Southeast Division. Freeman also takes on management responsibility for growing and maximizing Ivy Fund’s presence in work with Registered Investment Advisors.
- Kirsten Pickens, Senior Vice President, Head of National Accounts, will expand her management responsibilities to include oversight of all Ivy Funds Retirement Specialists, building a comprehensive strategy to further enhance service to all Ivy Funds retirement plan partners, along with her team’s ongoing work with major broker/dealers and wirehouses.
- Lori Dorsey, Senior Vice President, Director of Marketing, also takes on responsibility for product management.
- Chad Brand will continue as Senior Vice President, West Division Sales Manager, expanding his territory to encompass part of the previous Southeast Division.
- Matthew Waldman continues as Vice President, Director of Investment Sales, with responsibility for sales and service to certain regional broker/dealers and independent advisors.
Place, 58, has nearly 30 years of financial industry experience, including work in wholesaling, wealth strategies and senior management at several major firms. He joined Ivy Funds in 2008. He takes over management of a growing wholesaling force, with 55 wholesalers serving financial advisors across the country. According to Cogent Research’s 2012 Advisor Brandscape report, which surveyed 1,714 financial advisors this spring, Ivy Funds ranked fourth among all major fund families in “Mutual Fund Company Commitment Among Advisors,” illustrating the fund family’s reputation among advisors.“We are clearly in a strong and growing position currently,” said Place. “We intend to continue aggressively taking our message of product breadth, global coverage and portfolio management skill to advisors and investors who are increasingly looking for information and guidance in a challenging market environment.” Ivy Funds offers a broad fund lineup covering all major asset categories, including international and domestic equity funds, specialty funds, fixed income funds and money market funds. The fund family had approximately $50 billion in assets under management at March 31, 2012. Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc. is an affiliate of Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR). Through its subsidiaries, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. provides investment management and financial planning services to clients throughout the United States. Ivy Investment Management Company serves as investment advisor to the Ivy Funds. Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc. serves as principal underwriter and distributor to the Ivy Funds. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of a fund carefully before investing. For a prospectus, or if available, a summary prospectus, containing this and other information for any of the Ivy Funds, call your financial advisor or visit www.ivyfunds.com . Please read the prospectus or summary prospectus carefully before investing.