- Top-decile industry safety performance including an all-time low rate of employee safety incidents companywide;
- Over $150 million in savings, or $49 million more than the Company’s 2012 fornrg, or focus on return on investment capital, goals;
- An 86 million gallon reduction in water consumption at the Company’s Texas plants;
- $4.6 million in charitable contributions to 362 organizations across 34 states; and
- An update on NRG’s $1 million commitment made through the Clinton Global Initiative to bring the benefits of solar power to Haiti.
NRG Energy Inc. (NYSE: NRG) has issued its “Growing Sustainably” annual Corporate Responsibility Report. The report focuses on NRG’s three-pronged strategy—to enhance its core generation fleet, expand retail operations, and invest in and grow new, innovative and cleaner energy businesses—and how it drives the Company to be more sustainable. “Corporate responsibility reporting is important to show how we measure economic, social and environmental performance across our company,” said Mauricio Gutierrez, NRG’s Chief Operating Officer. “The new report is a measure of how far we’ve come in building a more sustainable energy company.” The report outlines NRG’s key corporate responsibility goals in the areas of enhancing the Company’s overall business, supporting its customers and communities, and driving innovation. Key accomplishments in this year’s report include: