Telefonica ( TEF) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Telefonica rose 25 cents (2.1%) to $12.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12-$12.27 after having opened the day at $12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.96. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), up 110.5%, Trunkbow International Holdings ( TBOW), up 16%, MER Telemanagement Solutions ( MTSL), up 13.5%, and Ascent Solar Technologies ( ASTI), up 12.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.