Kinross Gold Corporation ( KGC) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Kinross Gold Corporation rose 54 cents (6.9%) to $8.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.9 million shares of Kinross Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.88-$8.54 after having opened the day at $7.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.87. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 10.4%, Great Basin Gold ( GBG), up 10.3%, US Silica Holdings ( SLCA), up 7.7%, and Gold Reserve ( GRZ), up 7.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kinross Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.