Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose 77 cents (1.6%) to $48.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of nine million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.38-$48.38 after having opened the day at $47.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.41. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: LIN TV Corporation ( TVL), up 6%, New Frontier Media ( NOOF), up 4.3%, E.W. Scripps Company ( SSP), up 4.2%, and Salem Communications Corporation ( SALM), up 4.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.