Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose 89 cents (1.4%) to $63.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.09-$63.13 after having opened the day at $62.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.24. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Presidential Life ( PLFE), up 36.7%, Radian Group ( RDN), up 5.2%, Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 4.7%, and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 4.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.