Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $2.36 (3%) to $82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $79.55-$82.14 after having opened the day at $79.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.64. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: ADA-ES ( ADES), up 11.9%, Hovnanian ( HOV), up 7%, Goldfield ( GV), up 6.4%, and Aerovironment Incorporated ( AVAV), up 5.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.