State Street ( STT) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $1.31 (3.1%) to $44.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.98-$44.16 after having opened the day at $43.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.80. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Presidential Life ( PLFE), up 36.7%, Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 22.6%, Midsouth Bancorp ( MSL), up 10.5%, and Monarch Community Bancorp ( MCBF), up 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.