Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose 98 cents (0.9%) to $106.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.6 million shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $104.87-$106.19 after having opened the day at $105.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $105.03. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: WSP Holdings ( WH), up 13.5%, Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 12.5%, Isramco ( ISRL), up 11.2%, and Adams Resources & Energy ( AE), up 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.