United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $1.75 (2.4%) to $73.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.94-$73.66 after having opened the day at $72.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.84. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Leucadia National Corporation ( LUK), up 4.2%, Lydall ( LDL), up 3.1%, Caterpillar ( CAT), up 3%, and Tredegar Corporation ( TG), up 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.