Schlumberger ( SLB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.33 (2%) to $66.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, five million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.42-$66.93 after having opened the day at $65.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.39. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: WSP Holdings ( WH), up 13.5%, Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 12.5%, Isramco ( ISRL), up 11.2%, and Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 10.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.