U.S. Bancorp ( USB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, U.S. Bancorp rose 69 cents (2.2%) to $32.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.2 million shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.01-$32.70 after having opened the day at $32.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.01. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 22.6%, Midsouth Bancorp ( MSL), up 10.5%, Monarch Community Bancorp ( MCBF), up 10.1%, and Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 9.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full U.S Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.