AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities rose $3.08 (2.1%) to $146.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 639,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $142.14-$147 after having opened the day at $142.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $143.22. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 13.4%, Fidelity Bancorp ( FSBI), up 13.4%, WVS Financial ( WVFC), up 9.6%, and MSB Financial Corporation ( MSBF), up 9.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.