PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $1.24 (-1.2%) to $100.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $99.83-$102.20 after having opened the day at $102.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $102.14. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 6%, Valhi Incorporated ( VHI), down 6%, Huntsman Corporation ( HUN), down 5.7%, and Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), down 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PPG Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.