Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Exelon rose 44 cents (1.2%) to $37.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.16-$37.65 after having opened the day at $37.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.15. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 72.2%, China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), up 23.8%, Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), up 7.1%, and U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 4.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.