CenturyLink ( CTL) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, CenturyLink rose 55 cents (1.4%) to $39.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8.2 million shares of CenturyLink exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.47-$40 after having opened the day at $39.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.37. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: RIT Technologies ( RITT), up 56.9%, Winland Electronics ( WEX), up 31.8%, Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution ( KONE), up 21.7%, and Ascent Solar Technologies ( ASTI), up 18.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CenturyLink Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.