ArcelorMittal ( MT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, ArcelorMittal rose 24 cents (1.6%) to $14.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.80-$15.03 after having opened the day at $14.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.67. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Polymet Mining ( PLM), up 9.5%, L & L Energy ( LLEN), up 8.1%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 7.4%, and Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.