Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose 67 cents (1.6%) to $42.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.38-$43.07 after having opened the day at $42.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.29. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 6.7%, Kingstone Companies ( KINS), up 4.2%, ING Groep N.V ( ING), up 3.7%, and Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.