BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, BP rose 65 cents (1.6%) to $40.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.92-$40.48 after having opened the day at $40.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.65. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoGlobal Resources ( GGR), up 22.2%, Cubic Energy ( QBC), up 14%, Enerplus ( ERF), up 6.9%, and KiOR ( KIOR), up 6.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.