Novartis ( NVS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Novartis rose 44 cents (0.8%) to $55.67 on light volume. Throughout the day, 845,096 shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.37-$55.82 after having opened the day at $55.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.23. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Complete Genomics ( GNOM), up 43.6%, Hemispherx Biopharma ( HEB), up 19.7%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 18.7%, and K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.A), up 13.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.