Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) today announced that the AirLink® GX440 rugged wireless gateway is now available for the AT&T 4G LTE network. The Sierra Wireless AirLink GX440 delivers the higher bandwidth required by applications including high-quality wireless video surveillance, multi-data-stream wireless connections to branch locations, or mobile office applications for public safety and field service activities. AirLink GX gateways are designed for use in mobile environments (such as fleet management, field service, and public safety) or for fixed/portable settings (such as industrial, utilities, security, enterprise, and point-of-sale applications). They offer a leading-edge combination of features, including top-notch processor performance, superior ruggedness, remote management and configuration capabilities with AirLink device management tools, and an expansion slot for hardware feature enhancements such as additional physical interfaces or wireless local and personal area networking. AirLink GX440 gateways also support the new ALEOS™ Application Framework, which includes an integrated development environment, feature-rich libraries, and a comprehensive set of tools that can be used to develop custom machine-to-machine (M2M) applications on top of the proven ALEOS embedded intelligence platform. The ALEOS Application Framework enables developers using AirLink® wireless gateways to integrate “intelligence on the edge” for more efficient, cost-effective deployment and operation of M2M solutions. “The AirLink GX440 offers AT&T customers a high-bandwidth solution that enables them to take advantage of AT&T’s LTE network for a wide range of applications,” said Emmanuel Walckenaer, Senior Vice President, Solutions and Services for Sierra Wireless. “The combination of rugged hardware; powerful, flexible software; and integration of deployment and management makes the AirLink GX440 a compelling solution, and we’re pleased to be able to offer it to AT&T customers.” Sierra Wireless AirLink™ GX Series of Intelligent Gateways Flexible and powerful enough to meet the needs of a wide range of applications in the transportation, industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) and enterprise markets, the Sierra Wireless AirLink GX Series makes solution deployment faster, easier and less expensive for mobile network operators, OEMs, application service providers and end customers. With the AirLink GX Series, system integrators can standardize on a single gateway platform to serve the needs of all of their customers. Key features include:
- Rugged hardware design – Engineered and verified to comply with industry and wireless requirements including Mil-STD 810-F, IEC60068, IP64, Class 1 Div 2, and e-Mark
- High processing performance – ARM 11-class microprocessor architecture with high-capacity DDR memory provides a powerful foundation for high-bandwidth applications
- Security – Support for security protocols that enable integration in IPsec-compliant VPNs and PCI-compliant solutions
- Multiple physical interfaces – Provides a one-device-fits-all solution
- ALEOS™ embedded intelligence – Provides a highly configurable platform and comprehensive remote management capabilities, enabling over-the-air firmware upgrades, events reporting, and much more
- AirLink Management Services – Cloud-based remote management for the GX Series can also be employed to manage existing AirLink 2G and 3G devices, easing integration and deployment into existing systems. Powered by Sierra Wireless AirVantage™ M2M Cloud Platform.
- Optional Wi-Fi X-card – Enables hotspot and client mode via 802.11 b/g/n, extending 4G LTE signal beyond the device and enabling multiple devices to be connected either in a small office or in a vehicle. The WiFi X-card is available as an installation option with a new AirLink GX440 or as an aftermarket option and can easily be installed by an authorized reseller.
About Sierra WirelessSierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) offers industry-leading mobile computing and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications products and solutions that connect people, devices, and applications over cellular networks. Wireless service providers, equipment manufacturers, enterprises and government organizations around the world depend on us for reliable wireless technology. We offer 2G, 3G and 4G wireless modems, routers and gateways as well as a comprehensive suite of software, tools, and services that ensure our customers can successfully bring wireless applications to market. For more information about Sierra Wireless, visit www.sierrawireless.com. “ALEOS” is a trademark, and “AirLink” is a registered trademark, of Sierra Wireless. Other product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, plans and timing for the introduction or enhancement of our services and products, statements about future market conditions, supply conditions, channel and end customer demand conditions, revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, profits, and other expectations, intentions, and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. Our expectations regarding future revenues and earnings depend in part upon our ability to successfully develop, manufacture, and supply products that we do not produce today and that meet defined specifications. When used in this press release, the words "plan", "expect", "believe", and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and changes in the wireless data communications market. In light of the many risks and uncertainties surrounding the wireless data communications market, you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized.