Sempra Energy ( SRE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sempra Energy fell 39 cents (-0.6%) to $68.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 874,960 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.97-$68.82 after having opened the day at $68.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.49. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), down 8.1%, GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), down 7.6%, Ellomay Capital ( ELLO), down 6.8%, and Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), down 5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.