Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Staples fell 7 cents (-0.5%) to $12.97 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7.2 million shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.88-$13.15 after having opened the day at $13.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.04. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Blue Nile ( NILE), down 5.4%, iParty Corporation ( IPT), down 5%, American Greetings Corporation ( AM), down 4.2%, and Titan Machinery ( TITN), down 4.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.