Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Vale fell 35 cents (-1.8%) to $19.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17.8 million shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.28-$20.15 after having opened the day at $20.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.77. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 24.7%, Jaguar Mining ( JAG), down 17.3%, Great Basin Gold ( GBG), down 10.6%, and Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), down 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.