Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell 38 cents (-0.8%) to $47.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.83-$48.18 after having opened the day at $47.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.42. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 10.5%, MBIA ( MBI), down 8.9%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 8.2%, and Kingstone Companies ( KINS), down 6.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.