Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation fell $1.24 (-2%) to $60.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.07-$62.57 after having opened the day at $62.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.90. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Helen of Troy ( HELE), down 13.5%, Stanley Furniture Company ( STLY), down 4.6%, Deer Consumer Products ( DEER), down 4.6%, and Fortune Brands Home & Security ( FBHS), down 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Whirlpool Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.