Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell 64 cents (-2.2%) to $28.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13.7 million shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.08-$29.45 after having opened the day at $29.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 24.7%, GeoGlobal Resources ( GGR), down 18.2%, Jaguar Mining ( JAG), down 17.3%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 12.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Halliburton Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.