NextEra Energy ( NEE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, NextEra Energy rose 67 cents (1%) to $68.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.03-$68.68 after having opened the day at $68.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.86. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GenOn Energy ( GEN), up 2.6%, Just Energy Group ( JE), up 2.3%, and SJW Corporation ( SJW), up 1.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.