US Airways Group ( LCC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, US Airways Group rose 42 cents (3.1%) to $13.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.8 million shares of US Airways Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.36-$13.96 after having opened the day at $13.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.49. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Danaos Corporation ( DAC), up 7.4%, Air T ( AIRT), up 4.4%, Southwest Airlines ( LUV), up 4.2%, and DS Torm ( TRMD), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full US Airways Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.