Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines rose 39 cents (4.2%) to $9.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17.3 million shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.43-$9.77 after having opened the day at $9.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.24. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: SED International Holdings ( SED), up 31.2%, LML Payment Systems ( LMLP), up 9.7%, SmartPros ( SPRO), up 8.2%, and Noah Education Holdings ( NED), up 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.