Hologic ( HOLX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Hologic rose 13 cents (0.7%) to $18.32 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Hologic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.19-$18.50 after having opened the day at $18.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.19. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Sunshine Heart ( SSH), up 37.8%, BioMimetic Therapeutics ( BMTI), up 23.6%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.A), up 13.3%, and Hooper Holmes ( HH), up 12.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.