Arena Pharmaceuticals ( ARNA) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Arena Pharmaceuticals rose 35 cents (3%) to $11.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 35 million shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.46-$12.07 after having opened the day at $11.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.46. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.A), up 13.3%, Synageva BioPharma ( GEVA), up 10.1%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.B), up 8.7%, and Chembio Diagnostics ( CEMI), up 7.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Arena Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.