HJ Heinz Company ( HNZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, HJ Heinz Company rose 72 cents (1.3%) to $55.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of HJ Heinz Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.56-$55.20 after having opened the day at $54.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.36. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 53.6%, Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 17%, Teucrium Agricultural Fund ( TAGS), up 12.9%, and Tufco Technologies ( TFCO), up 11.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full HJ Heinz Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.