Celanese Corporation ( CE) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Celanese Corporation rose 42 cents (1.3%) to $33.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.38-$34.78 after having opened the day at $34.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.28. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Cereplast ( CERP), up 10.6%, A Schulman ( SHLM), up 8.7%, Metabolix ( MBLX), up 5.3%, and Gevo ( GEVO), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Celanese Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.