Kinder Morgan Energy Partners ( KMP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners rose 71 cents (0.9%) to $82.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 512,938 shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 702,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.80-$82.78 after having opened the day at $82.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.92. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Patriot Coal Corporation ( PCX), up 126.2%, Cereplast ( CERP), up 10.6%, A Schulman ( SHLM), up 8.7%, and Comstock Mining ( LODE), up 8.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.