Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies fell $1.29 (-4.1%) to $29.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.96-$31.40 after having opened the day at $31.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.28. Other company's within the Internet industry that declined today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), down 45.7%, ClickSoftware Technologies ( CKSW), down 9.9%, LinkedIn ( LNKD), down 5.4%, and Remark Media ( MARK), down 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Akamai Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.